Saturday, February 20, 2010

Flowers for Johnny Weir


I had no idea who Johnny Weir was until two women from Japan came to my shop the other day. They travelled all the way from Japan to cheer for Johnny Weir at the Olympics and they wanted big bouquets of flowers. They wanted the flowers to be "cute" which made me very confused... why do they want to give a man a "cute" bouquet? Do they want to let him know how cute THEY are? So, I chose to use Polo white roses which in my opinion are quite cute with their round shape. I also used Hypericum berries to add a subtle cuteness to the bouquet. The result was a cute Queensberry style bouquet and the Japanese ladies left satisfied. After I got home from the shop that night, I made sure I watched Johnny Weir compete for the USA in Free Style figure skating. Only then did I understand that my so-called "subtle cuteness" was not enough. A surge of regret came across me. I should have gone "ALL PINK", I should have used sparkles! Lesson learned...the customer is always right!

No comments:

Post a Comment